Data Error - Pitching Table

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
      For reinhar01, Year = 1919, BFP should be equal to 1, not 4.

      BTW, it's mathematically impossible to face 4 batters without either
      giving up a run or recording an out, and Reinhardt currently shows 0
      IP, 0 Runs, but the 4 BFP....
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
        Well, hold the phone. Even though MLB.COM, Baseballpropectus, etc.
        show 1 BFP, I thought I'd use PROQUEST to check the boxscores, and
        what do you know, NYTIMES and Chicago paper show that Reinhart
        pitched 1/3 of an inning instead of ZERO innings (top of the 3rd in
        relief of Doak) and most probably really DID face 4 batters!

        Very interesting....

        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "KJOK" <kjokbaseball@y...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
          I posted this question on the Retrosheet group, and Craig Burley
          posted it on the SABR-L list. So far, one report that game accounts
          said Reinhart hit a batter with his first pitch and was promptly
          removed, and some speculation about 1/3 innings being rounded down to
          zero back in 1919.....

          THANKS,
          Kevin Johnson

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
            KJOK wrote:
            > For reinhar01, Year = 1919, BFP should be equal to 1, not 4.
            >
            > BTW, it's mathematically impossible to face 4 batters without either
            > giving up a run or recording an out, and Reinhardt currently shows 0
            > IP, 0 Runs, but the 4 BFP....
            >

            > http://www.baseball-databank.org/
            >

            > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > click here