Re: [baseball-databank] proofing, proof notes, sources, source notes --not limited to Documentation in the database

    Message 1 of 295 , May 24, 2004
      > > Does anyone have a view on subversion? The latest linux journal had an
      > > article on it. It seems like it might be easier for the distributed
      > > archive that we would be running.
      >
      > I'm not an "oh wow - cool new stuff!" guy when it comes to implementing
      > tools. I think the use of any technology needs to make sense in the
      > application. I've got quite a bit of experience with CVS, both from a user
      > and admin perspective. That said, I really like what I've read about
      > subversion. I've never used it, but the way it handles conflicts in merges
      > (creating labelled files) and the ability to handle renaming files and
      > directories and maintain version history (a big flaw in CVS, IMO) look
      > very nice. The only real drawback I can see (other than a general lack of
      > experience - maybe there's a subversion guru in the group who'd like to
      > speak up, I dunno) is tools support.
      >
      > http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html lists the basics,
      > including a Windows GUI, but there isn't the penetration of support there
      > is for CVS.
      >
      > Since this isn't code we're dealing with, though, I personally could live
      > with that, and I wouldn't mind trying subversion out. I've heard of a lot
      > of people moving to it, and not heard about any moving back, so....
      >
      > Regards,
      > Derek

      Sorry for being incommunicado for the last week or two. I'm buying a
      house tomorrow, so packing has taken some precedence. On top of that
      I'll be gone for a few weeks at the start of June. Certainly,
      conversation can continue without my active input.

      I would propose that

      1) people with an interest research cvs and subversion and come to a
      consensus as to which they would prefer. I am hopeful that we could
      have something in place by the end of June. (Of course, I may have said
      that two years ago as well.)

      2) a discussion of proofing and standards of proof for the altering of
      data be discussed. I'm not even sure how to frame this issue.

      --We've got new data that would need to be proofed

      --Existing data for which corrections are found

    • baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com
      Message 295 of 295 , Mar 9, 2015
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the baseball-databank
        group.

        File : /socialMedia_master.csv
        Uploaded by : chrislambrou <chrislambrou@...>
        Description : Twitter account names for 2014 rosters

        You can access this file at the URL:

        chrislambrou <chrislambrou@...>