Re: [baseball-databank] Newbie Question

  • tmasc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21 8:20 PM
      Sean Lahman has most of the DB at www.baseball1.com in
      Access format.

      Tom

      --- Jim Kern <jimkern@...> wrote:
      > Is there any easy way to pull this data into either
      > Access or SQL
      > Server? Those are the DB engines I am familiar with
      > and have at my
      > disposal...any hints?
      >
      > Jim

      http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
    • Maurice Tamman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 2:55 AM

        With a little tweaking, you can edit the mySQL create table statements to be compliant with SQL Server. I have most of the data sitting on SQL Server.

        For the most part, if I remember correctly, I just removed the unlimited statement, changed int(x) and smallint(x) to int and smallint, and put brackets around fields that started with a numeral. (There may have been a couple more, but nothing significant.

        After that, it was simple csv import.

        Cheers,

        Mo

        http://www.baseball-databank.org/