Newbie Question

  • Jim Kern
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2004
      Is there any easy way to pull this data into either Access or SQL
      Server? Those are the DB engines I am familiar with and have at my
      disposal...any hints?

      Jim
    • tmasc@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2004
        Sean Lahman has most of the DB at www.baseball1.com in
        Access format.

        Tom

        --- Jim Kern <jimkern@...> wrote:
        > Is there any easy way to pull this data into either
        > Access or SQL
        > Server? Those are the DB engines I am familiar with
        > and have at my
        > disposal...any hints?
        >
        > Jim

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • Maurice Tamman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2004

          With a little tweaking, you can edit the mySQL create table statements to be compliant with SQL Server. I have most of the data sitting on SQL Server.

          For the most part, if I remember correctly, I just removed the unlimited statement, changed int(x) and smallint(x) to int and smallint, and put brackets around fields that started with a numeral. (There may have been a couple more, but nothing significant.

          After that, it was simple csv import.

          Cheers,

          Mo

          http://www.baseball-databank.org/