sql help for retrosheet game logs?

  • John WALSH
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm posting here at the suggestion of Sean Forman...

      I'm looking to add retrosheet game log data to my version of the lahman
      db, which I have installed in mysql. If anybody has

      1) an sql table definition for the game log data (there are 161 fields in
      the retrosheet game log files);

      2) an sql macro for loading the data;

      and are willing to share them with me, I would really appreciate it.

      thanks alot,

      John Walsh
    • tmasc@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- John WALSH <john.walsh@...> wrote:
        > 1) an sql table definition for the game log data
        > (there are 161 fields in
        > the retrosheet game log files);

        I can give you my Access database. It has I think 108
        fields or so. This was prior to Retrosheet adding the
        54 fields at the end to tack on the id and names for
        the starting batting lineup.

        > 2) an sql macro for loading the data;
        >
        > and are willing to share them with me, I would
        > really appreciate it.

        I had uploaded the Lahman DB, that includes macros.

        I think with a little effort, you can take my DB, set
        up the SQL to create the table, and take the
        macro/modules to set up the SQL to insert the records.

        You may want to post your message at the Retrosheet
        yahoo-group, as I think someone there may have done
        more than I have.

        I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's anyone else
        who can better help you, and then I'll upload my file.

        I would just ask that you would share your scripts
        back with the group.

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • tmasc@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
          --- John WALSH <john.walsh@...> wrote:
          > 1) an sql table definition for the game log data
          > (there are 161 fields in
          > the retrosheet game log files);

          I can give you my Access database. It has I think 108
          fields or so. This was prior to Retrosheet adding the
          54 fields at the end to tack on the id and names for
          the starting batting lineup.

          > 2) an sql macro for loading the data;
          >
          > and are willing to share them with me, I would
          > really appreciate it.

          I had uploaded the Lahman DB, that includes macros.

          I think with a little effort, you can take my DB, set
          up the SQL to create the table, and take the
          macro/modules to set up the SQL to insert the records.

          You may want to post your message at the Retrosheet
          yahoo-group, as I think someone there may have done
          more than I have.

          I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's anyone else
          who can better help you, and then I'll upload my file.

          I would just ask that you would share your scripts
          back with the group.

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • walshj58
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "tmasc@y..." <tmasc@y...>
            wrote:
            > I can give you my Access database. It has I think 108
            > fields or so. This was prior to Retrosheet adding the
            > 54 fields at the end to tack on the id and names for
            > the starting batting lineup.
            >

            > > 2) an sql macro for loading the data;
            > >
            > > and are willing to share them with me, I would
            > > really appreciate it.
            >
            > I had uploaded the Lahman DB, that includes macros.
            >
            > I think with a little effort, you can take my DB, set
            > up the SQL to create the table, and take the
            > macro/modules to set up the SQL to insert the records.

            This sounds doable. Thanks alot.

            > You may want to post your message at the Retrosheet
            > yahoo-group, as I think someone there may have done
            > more than I have.

            I have done so. (So far, nobody has responded.)

            > I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's anyone else
            > who can better help you, and then I'll upload my file.

            Ok, that would be great.

            > I would just ask that you would share your scripts
            > back with the group.

            Absolutely.

            Thanks again,

            John