Re: Pitchers batting games: resolved?

  • tjruane
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26 10:43 AM
      On the subject of how to accurately capture the number of games
      played by pitchers, Sean Forman wrote:

      > At the moment, it is still up in the air and no resolution has been
      > discussed. The best solution would probably be to get data from
      > retrosheet and fill in those tables as much as possible.

      Back in January, I offered to provide what data I had as soon as I was
      done helping with the next release of Retrosheet's web-site. We
      expect that to be done in time for opening day. At that point, I
      would be glad to provide any data I have to baseball-databank.
      Perhaps at that time we could discuss in more detail exactly what I
      might have that would be useful and what would be the best way for me
      to present it to the group. Right now, unfortunately, I don't have a
      lot of time to discuss these kinds of things, but (hopefully) will at
      the end of March.

      Thanks for your patience.
      Tom Ruane