Re: [baseball-databank] Re: Pitching table problems and changes

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
      > Just FYI, in addition to the updated post-season pitching table I
      > posted and the 2003 post-season batting stats for the "old"
      > postseason batting table, I', 99% complete with a "new" postseason
      > batting table that has all of the major batting categories. If all
      > goes well, I could have it completed by Tuesday morning.
      >
      > I also still have a post-season fielding table, but that is probably
      > still a week away...
      >
      > THANKS,
      > Kevin

      Fantastic. You are doing great work.

      Baseball Analysis! http://www.BaseballPrimer.com/
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
        Thanks, except it's Tuesday afternoon and I'm still not finished proofing.  Starting to look like either very late tonight or Wednesday before the new PostBatting table is complete.

        Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:

        > Just FYI, in addition to the updated post-season pitching table I
        > posted and the 2003 post-season batting stats for the "old"
        > postseason batting table, I', 99% complete with a "new" postseason
        > batting table that has all of the major batting categories.  If all
        > goes well, I could have it completed by Tuesday morning.
        >
        > I also still have a post-season fielding table, but that is probably
        > still a week away...
        >
        > THANKS,
        > Kevin

        Fantastic.  You are doing great work.

        Baseball Stats!   http://www.Baseball-Reference.com/
        Baseball Analysis!    http://www.BaseballPrimer.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        http://www.baseball-databank.org/

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
          Happy New Year!

          7 Dec 2003, emancip8d (Kevin Harlow) wrote:

          > A while back I combined BDB-csv-2002-11-27 and Adair's "extra" stats.
          > I recently compared the pitching tables from my merge of those two
          > datasets and BDB-csv-2003-09-19 (since I use CSV files and
          > BDB-csv-2003-10-28 is corrupt on baseball-databank website).

          Where are these two files?
          Is the latest edition still corrupt?

          STINT IDs

          > C3) The stint numbers for brownmo01_1914_1; brownmo01_1914_2 have been
          > switched. This effects 2 stints.

          Here is another instance from the 2002 edition.
          colliji01 1895 1 LS3 NL
          colliji01 1895 2 BSN NL
          Those two stint IDs for Jimmy Collins should be switched, if that has not
          been done in the 2003 edition. Retrosheet has the correct stint IDs.

          "the [Boston] owners wanted to release him but [manager] Selee intervened,
          and it was arranged to 'loan' him to Louisville. . . . Boston was only too
          happy to get him back for 1896."
          --Joseph M. Overfield, in _Baseball's First Stars_ (SABR 1996).

          As the person who discovered the inverted stints for Brown 1914 and
          Collins 1895, I readily admit that their HOF status is no coincidence.
          If it has not yet been done, I hope that there will be a systematic check
          against Biographical Committee data, perhaps as published by Retrosheet
          (there is a lag).

          Paul Wendt, Watertown MA, USA <pgw@...>