Re: [baseball-databank] two stints with one team-season

  • Eric Rosen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      Give this query a try...

      SELECT B1.playerID, B1.yearID, B1.teamID, B1.G, B2.G
      FROM Batting AS B1 INNER JOIN Batting AS B2 ON
      (B1.teamID = B2.teamID) AND (B1.yearID = B2.yearID)
      AND (B1.playerID = B2.playerID)
      WHERE (((B1.stint)<>[b2].[stint]) AND
      ((B1.G)<[b2].[g]))
      ORDER BY B1.G DESC

      I get Rob Ducey's 2000 as #1 [42 games and 70 games]

      --- Paul Wendt <pgw@...> wrote:
      > Folks,
      > Maybe someone deft with databases can answer this
      > easily.
      >
      > Some players have multiple stints with one MLB team
      > in one season;
      > that is, stints separated by playing for another MLB
      > team.
      > An example is Hugh Jennings 1899: 16g and 41g played
      > for Brooklyn,
      > separated by 2g played for Baltimore.
      >
      > Among all such players, whose shorter stint is
      > longest?
      > That is, maximum length of the shorter stint (16g,
      > for Jennings).
      >
      > --Paul

      > Paul Wendt, Watertown MA, USA <pgw@...>

      =====