Re: [baseball-databank] RE: 2003 data

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      Mike Emeigh wrote:
      > Sean:
      >
      > If you send me the list of the AL teams and positions where the
      > fielding GS do not balance with the team totals I'll be happy to
      > square this away.
      >
      > Mike Emeigh
      > piratefan1@...

      Thanks Mike.

      Here are the additional ones, that I've found.

      KC Catcher
      SEA 2B
      OAK LF

      Baseball Analysis! http://www.BaseballPrimer.com/
    • Mike Emeigh
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Sean Forman wrote:
        (snip)

        >Here are the additional ones, that I've found.
        >
        >KC Catcher

        The only possibility here (and it shouldn't have been missed) is a home
        game on August 19 against Minnesota, in which Mike DiFelice was ejected
        after 2/3 of an inning, replaced by Brent Mayne. Mayne should have 112
        games played/107 games started/948 innings, DiFelice 58/54/468.2, and
        Tom Prince 7/1/21.

        >SEA 2B

        On July 18, Bret Boone was ejected by umpire Paul Emmel for throwing his
        bat and helmet after striking out to end the top of the first. Mark
        McLemore took the field at 2B in the bottom half of the inning. Boone's
        GS and G are reduced by one, and McLemore gets an extra GS.

        >OAK LF

        On July 22, LF Billy McMillon was beaned by Kris Wilson of KC in the top
        of the first, and replaced in the field by Adam Piatt in the bottom
        half. Piatt's GS are increased by one, and McMillon has one less G and GS.

        Mike Emeigh
        piratefan1@...