2003 Debuts

  • SABRscouts@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2003
      Sean - Hi.  How many 2003 debut players are you working with?
       I use http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/newcomers?year=2003 as my source for tracking players called up during the course of the year, but I noticed they posted some names that had appeared in prior seasons. I even dropped them a line, but I don't think they took the time to correct their mistake.  A count of their list tallies up to 185, but I show 180.

      Also re: the bb-ref newsletter yesterday about new content, thanks for all you do.
      To Tom Ruane and all who helped with the transactions log, muchas gracias.

      Rod Nelson
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      In a message dated 10/19/2003 5:19am MDT, sean-forman@... writes:
      The 2003 stats should be ready for some proofing next week as that is
      the absolute highest priority, but I would like to get some discussion
      on this and after the 2003 stats are done we can go whole hog into the
      changes that have been recommended or provided in the past few months
      (or before).
    • ethansarmy
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 21, 2003
        Just to throw my 2-cents in ... I show 184. I have been using
        cbs.sportsline all season and have 184 new players (appearing in MLB
        for the first time).

        I also have 112 players who played for multiple teams.

        Stu

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
          Could the list of debut players and their ID's be posted to the files
          section? I'm going to need a few of them for the post-season data,
          such as Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, etc.

          --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "ethansarmy"

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
            --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "KJOK" <kjokbaseball@y...>
            wrote:
            > Could the list of debut players and their ID's be posted to the files
            > section? I'm going to need a few of them for the post-season data,
            > such as Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, etc.
            >
            > THANKS,
            > Kevin

            They are all in the new master file that has been included here.

            http://www.baseball-databank.org/files/2003/

            Thank you for taking on the postseason stats, Kevin.

            Sean
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
              Ah, great!

              Next question - anyone know of an on-line source for 2003 post-season
              FIELDING statistics? I've created a new post season table for
              fielding, but can't find the 2003 stats anywhere...

              --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Forman" <sean-
              forman@b...> wrote:
              > --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "KJOK" <kjokbaseball@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > Could the list of debut players and their ID's be posted to the
              files
              > > section? I'm going to need a few of them for the post-season
              data,
              > > such as Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, etc.
              > >
              > > THANKS,
              > > Kevin
              >

              > They are all in the new master file that has been included here.
              >
              > http://www.baseball-databank.org/files/2003/
              >
              > Thank you for taking on the postseason stats, Kevin.
              >
              > Sean
            • Mike Emeigh
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
                Kevin wrote:

                >Ah, great!
                >
                >Next question - anyone know of an on-line source for 2003 post-season
                >FIELDING statistics? I've created a new post season table for
                >fielding, but can't find the 2003 stats anywhere...

                Go to the Stats tab at www.mlb.com, click on Sortable Player Stats, then
                from the radio buttons select:

                Major League
                Fielding Stats

                and from the Timeframe pulldown menu select

                Postseason 2003

                then click on Go.

                Mike Emeigh
                piratefan1@...
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
                  Thanks Mike.

                  The new post season pitching table is almost complete. I am lacking
                  the following minor pitching data items for 2003 playoffs:

                  SH Allowed
                  SF Allowed
                  GIDP Induced

                  If someone knows an on-line source for these, please let me know.
                  Otherwise, I plan to post the new table tomorrow (I mean later today)
                  without these items.

                  --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Mike Emeigh