Re: [baseball-databank] Policy 002 - Scope, Data to include

  • tmasc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
      --- Michael Westbay
      <westbaystars@...> wrote:
      > detailed as Batter vs. R/L Pitcher. What do we do
      > when some researcher
      > asks how Bonds has hit against the top 10 pitchers

      I like the Retrosheet policy: we are librarians.

      Therefore, the BDB admin group will provide only the
      raw data for all tables.

      You'd have some extra things like BDB admin scripts
      where you might do some of the things you say, but it
      would not be part of the core requirements.

      And you'd have maybe volunteers offer BDB developer
      scripts to extract data in certain formats, etc.

      I think this makes the most sense in focusing the BDB
      group to collect data, and the BDB admin group to
      sort/merge it in a normalized form.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com