Re: [baseball-databank] Team IDs - Retrosheet

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2003
      29 Jul 2003, KJOK wrote:

      > This is from the Retro19cbb group posting by Tom Ruane back in
      > January:
      >
      > From: "tjruane <truane@v...>" <truane@v...>
      > Date: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:22 pm
      > Subject: Re: Error in Data re: Team ID
      >
      > Kevin wrote:
      >
      > > The team designation for the Cincinnati Franchise data in the NL
      > for
      > > 1890 and 1891 appears to be incorrect. It is coded as "CN2" but it
      > > appears that, for consistency, it should be "CIN" which is the code
      > > for the Cincinnati NL franchise from 1893 - 1900. CN2 is used for
      > the
      > > American Association Team Code from 1882 - 1889.
      >
      > Kevin is right about this. I will update the 1890-1891 files to use
      > the CIN code.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Tom

      A new edition of the html files was published in March-April.
      The Cincinnati html files have been updated.
      http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/TCN201889.htm
      http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/TCIN01890.htm

      But the most recent published edition of the games logs is older.
      http://retrosheet.org/gamelogs/ (not the html files called "Game Logs")

      20 Jun, Tom Ruane told Retro19cBB that he hopes to publish a new edition
      of the game logs at the end of the summer. That is nine weeks from now on
      my calendar, slightly less than eight weeks on a standard calendar.

      Many revisions have been approved and many others are on the table.
      Thanks to Kevin, the 1890-91 Philadelphia clubs are on the table.

      Paul Wendt, Watertown MA, USA <pgw@...>