Files posted

  • Derek Adair
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
      I've just uploaded my latest copy of the Master and Fielding tables with
      new info merged into each. Master now contains retrosheet id's for players
      who debuted in 2002 and stats id's (used by espn, among others) for recent
      players.

      Fielding now contains PB data. I've left non-C PB data set at 0, but this
      could easily be transformed into null if desired.

      Sean F. - could we get this into the mainstream release so this can be the
      last posting of this data? I'll be posting a pitching file with merged
      data - hopefully soon.

      Regards,
      Derek
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
        Derek Adair wrote:
        > I've just uploaded my latest copy of the Master and Fielding tables with
        > new info merged into each. Master now contains retrosheet id's for players
        > who debuted in 2002 and stats id's (used by espn, among others) for recent
        > players.
        >
        > Fielding now contains PB data. I've left non-C PB data set at 0, but this
        > could easily be transformed into null if desired.
        >
        > Sean F. - could we get this into the mainstream release so this can be the
        > last posting of this data? I'll be posting a pitching file with merged
        > data - hopefully soon.
        >
        > Regards,

        Derek,

        How does this jibe with the biographical committee's data. I know that
        the current on-site Master as I have it is missing up-to-date necrology
        info. Was that info updated in this Master?

        Baseball Analysis! http://www.BaseballPrimer.com/
      • tom lewis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
          If it's not, I've got it (up to about a month ago anyway) in my copy...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
            On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Sean Forman wrote:

            > Derek Adair wrote:
            > > I've just uploaded my latest copy of the Master and Fielding tables with
            > > new info merged into each. Master now contains retrosheet id's for players
            > > who debuted in 2002 and stats id's (used by espn, among others) for recent
            > > players.
            > >
            > > Fielding now contains PB data. I've left non-C PB data set at 0, but this
            > > could easily be transformed into null if desired.
            > >
            > > Sean F. - could we get this into the mainstream release so this can be the
            > > last posting of this data? I'll be posting a pitching file with merged
            > > data - hopefully soon.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            >

            > Derek,
            >
            > How does this jibe with the biographical committee's data. I know that
            > the current on-site Master as I have it is missing up-to-date necrology
            > info. Was that info updated in this Master?

            I wanted to keep the change vectors as small as possible for my files to
            decrease the amount of work needed to get them into the website release
            version, so I used the 2002-12-20 files as-is on the website.

            I'd definitely like to talk about coordinating to get that necrology data
            in there as well, but it wasn't my focus for this specific file.

            Regards,
            Derek