Re: REPORT - DB Design Committee - initial draft

  • Kevin <kjokbaseball@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2003
      I will happily replace the Team ID in my database with Lahman Team ID
      or Retrosheet Team ID or even create columns for both (except that
      would create redundancy....)

      THANKS,
      KJOK

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, "tmasc@y..." <tmasc@y...>

    • tangotiger <tmasc@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
        --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, Sean Forman <sean-
        forman@b...> wrote:
        > I'm sorry, but I have to ask this. Do you have a reference that
        > suggests doing this? I'm just not familiar with designing all the
        > tables in a DB this way.

        Here's a good primer on key construction. And I should have said, as
        this article demonstrates, that it applies to all parent tables,
        though you can still argue for all tables in some instances.

        http://www.cecs.csulb.edu/~jewett/dbdesign/dbdesign.php?
        page=keys.php&imgsize=medium

        Thanks, Tom