Re: [baseball-databank] Data Formats/Field Names

  • Joshua Gramlich
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30 2:02 PM
      I would appreciate the link to the file from the web site...or rather, new folk might be benefited by a big "read this first" link.  Had I known about the file, I probably would have never brought most of this stuff up!  :-)
      Just an fyi, but I just downloaded the "Individual Tables in Comma-Delimited Format" zip file and the readme is not in there.
      As to changing column names and whatnot, I dont want to suggest (even though it may have sounded so) that the current version be changed within the community.  There is obviously a large enough user base that changing formats like that would cause more problems than it solves.
      In case anyone is interested, I will be making a "fork" of the data format, rebuilding the schema to a more "data-warehouse-ish" format.  I'm going to be creating lookup tables and whatnot.  I will provide the tabledefs and the csv's I come up with to the mailing list.