4484Re: [baseball-databank] Digest Number 1339

    Feb 14, 2014
      I agree with Paul.  Non-playing managers should be in the master file, along with non-playing Hall of Famers (Bill Klem, Ford Frick, Josh Gibson).

      From: Paul Reeths <paul.reeths@...>
      To: "baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com" <baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:08 PM
      Subject: Re: [baseball-databank] Digest Number 1339

      It was my understanding that the Master table should still contain the bio info for everyone referenced in the database, regardless of whether or not they played, but only now all the IDs (manager, HOF and player) were now consolidated under playerID. You will notice in the Managers table that the first field is now playerID, not managerID. If the ID leylaji99 in that table does not refer to the Master table, in which table should I look to locate the ID and Jim Leyland's bio information?

      Paul Reeths

      >________________________________

      list never played in the majors.

      >neal
      >

      >On 2/13/2014 3:13 am, baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >There is 1 message in this issue. Topics in this digest: 1a. Re: Latest update availalable     From: Paul Reeths Message
      1a. Re: Latest update availalable Posted by: "Paul Reeths" paul.reeths@... paul.reeths Date: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm ((PST)) If I'm looking at this correctly, I believe the Master table is missing some managers. I looked for Jim Leyland in the Master file, for instance and didn't find him. I then ran a query to choose all those whose IDs appeared in the Managers table but not in the master table and came up with the following list of 120 IDs. Perhaps those who only had managerIDs in the last version of the db were omitted from the Master table? actama99
      adairbi99
      armoubi99
      bancrfr99
      barroed99