4296Re: The 2012 Update

  • railsplitter_44
    Nov 30, 2012
      I have a spreadsheet of L/R splits for pitchers and hitters for the pbp years (1945-2012), if you are looking for the data.

      If you are looking for pre-pbp (1915-1944) splits, I generated the batter's splits based on the opposing team's pitchers stats and handedness. So they are not 100% accurate (we will never have this without pbp data), but they are more accurate than vs L/R handed starters.

      I could also provide Home/Road splits if it is needed.

      Dan Hirsch

      --- In baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com, KJOK <kjokbaseball@...> wrote:

      > One project we've discussed on and off over the years was some type of basic splits table for batters and pitchers.
      >
      > Would probably just include bat-hand and Home/Away splits (4 records) for each current batting or pitching stint.
      >
      > Given Retrosheet's progress seems like a good idea to me.
      >
      > THANKS,
      > Kevin

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic