4285Minor league statistical database

  • Paul
    Sep 4, 2012
      Would anyone who might be interested in helping work on a minor league baseball statistical database reply to this post or email me directly? I know there was some interest expressed in just such a project a year or two ago, and I'm willing to coordinate the effort/contribute to it.

      I have it on good authority that SABR's minor league database will never be released open source. I don't want to turn this into a debate on that policy, but if anyone's holding out hope of obtaining their db, that doesn't appear likely. My goal in this project is to produce something along the lines of the Lahman DB, a statistical database for use by researchers, developers and fans.

      Any questions or comments just shot me an email or reply.