4155Re: [baseball-databank] Re: quick reminder

  • Clay Dreslough
    Nov 14, 2011
      Mark,

      There were multiple responses, but I think the key one is this from Sean
      Lahman on April 16th:

      >There has been a lot of good discussion here, but frankly some of it
      is getting far afield from the central question: how to carry on after
      Sean Forman's decision to step down from his leadership role.

      >After discussions with many of you on and offline, I think the answer
      is simple. I'll resume an active role as point person for the project
      and help ensure that the database is maintained and made available.

      >We can continue to weigh new directions, but I think this answers the
      immediate question that's on the table.

      >Regards,
      >Sean Lahman

      I also offered to host stats, but I gather that maintaining the database
      is much more work than actually hosting the data.

      Clay

      On 11/14/2011 9:48 AM, mirv wrote:

      > Has anyone "picked up the slack" to continue the availability of these
      > stats? If not, are there other sources? I'm looking to continue the
      > development of my iPhone app, "Baseball Statistics 2011(now 2012)
      > Edition".
      >
      > I'd be willing to host the stats on my server if that would be
      > helpful, but I don't know what would be involved in collecting and
      > compiling them.
      >
      > Mark Knopper
      > mak (at) bgp.nu

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic