3877Re: [baseball-databank] Question re: Teams

  • Wells Oliver
    Dec 1, 2009
      Well from 1945 - 56 it's 2.6 AB per team game, so would that be 154 team games or 157? Really really fringe case (and I am not sure it'd change anything), but I am just curious.

      - wells

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:

      Meaning they need 511 rather than 502?  I don't think that rule was in effect back then.  I'm guessing that in more modern cases they only need the 502, but I'm not certain.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports-reference.com/

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Wells Oliver <wells@...> wrote:

      Ah yeah, that's it, BOS had 3 ties in 1947. Any idea if PA/ABs in these games count towards batting title dis/qualification?

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@...> wrote:

      I haven't looked at the gamelogs, but I'm guessing they had three ties due to games called on account of darkness.  Happened a lot back then.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports-reference.com/

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Wells Oliver <wells@...> wrote:

      The Teams record for BOS 1947 has 157 for G, not 154. BOS won 83 and lost 71- I'm guessing 157 is in error? Or am I mistaken?

      Thanks.

      --
      Wells Oliver
      wells@...