3876Re: [baseball-databank] Question re: Teams

  • Mike Emeigh
    Dec 1, 2009
      Rule is per scheduled game. Replays of tie games are not scheduled games.

      From: Sean Forman <sean-forman@...>
      Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:32:10 -0500
      To: baseball-databank<baseball-databank@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [baseball-databank] Question re: Teams

      Meaning they need 511 rather than 502?  I don't think that rule was in effect back then.  I'm guessing that in more modern cases they only need the 502, but I'm not certain.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports- reference. com/

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Wells Oliver <wells@submute. net> wrote:

      Ah yeah, that's it, BOS had 3 ties in 1947. Any idea if PA/ABs in these games count towards batting title dis/qualification?

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Sean Forman <sean-forman@ baseball- reference. com> wrote:

      I haven't looked at the gamelogs, but I'm guessing they had three ties due to games called on account of darkness.  Happened a lot back then.

      sean
      ---
      Sean Forman
      Sports Reference LLC, President
      http://www.sports- reference. com/

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Wells Oliver <wells@submute. net> wrote:

      The Teams record for BOS 1947 has 157 for G, not 154. BOS won 83 and lost 71- I'm guessing 157 is in error? Or am I mistaken?

      Thanks.

      --
      Wells Oliver
      wells@submute. net