3712Re: [baseball-databank] Fixing Bat Hand Code

    Jan 5, 2009
      On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Tangotiger <tom@...> wrote:

      > My concern are the cases where the scoresheet didn't show anything. For
      > what seasons can we presume that all needed (within a small error bar)
      > badj
      > entries in the retrosheet files actually appear? I'm guessing the number
      > of
      > seasons where we can with certainty trust all needed badj entries are
      > included is small, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

      Is your concern at the MASTER table level, or the proposed BATTING table
      level?

      Tom

      I'm concerned about both.  I would have a similar concern for including GB/FB data for the years in which retrosheet data is spotty.  The difference is that we know which seasons have problems in that case, but for badj entries, we don't know (at least not without some insight from Dave Smith) what their level of accuracy is.

      President, Sports Reference LLC
      http://www.sports-reference.com/
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic