3617Re: [baseball-databank] 2008 Update this week or early next

    Nov 11, 2008
      On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:06 AM, KJOK <kjokbaseball@...> wrote:

      I think we've discussed having an appearance or roster table before, and talked about it as a very good idea.

      I'm less clear about the need for the Batting Table Changes, given the Appearance Table seems to take care of the G_Bat issue for AL pitchers.

      I see this as backwards compatibility.  I know that lost of people use the tables as is and historically G has been all games played.  This will leave Batting as listing all players, but also give an easy means to filter out the non-batting lineup players if desired.

      President, Sports Reference LLC
      http://www.sports-reference.com/
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic