36152008 Update this week or early next

    Nov 10, 2008
      I've made good progress on the BDB update for this year and should have something soon.

      I'm adding an Appearances table with the following schema (this will have data from 1973 on for the AL and 1974 on for the NL).  Corresponding to complete retrosheet data for the NL and the start of the DH for the AL.

      I'm open to suggestions, but in Batting, I think I'm going to put an entry in for every player who played and then  add a column G_bat that will show how many games they appeared in the lineup, so pre-Interleague AL pitchers will have their games pitches in G and then 0 for G_bat and nulls for the values of the batting stats.

      Feedback?

      sean

      CREATE TABLE `Appearances` (
        `yearID` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
        `teamID` char(3) NOT NULL default '',
        `lgID` char(2) default NULL,
        `playerID` char(9) NOT NULL default '',
        `G_all` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_batting` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_defense` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_p` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_c` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_1b` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_2b` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_3b` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_ss` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_lf` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_cf` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_rf` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_of` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_dh` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_ph` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        `G_pr` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY  (`yearID`,`teamID`,`playerID`)
      ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

      President, Sports Reference LLC
      http://www.sports-reference.com/
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic