36052007 records missing...

  • hackersdienow
    Oct 7, 2008
      Hey guys...I don't know if anyone else noticed this since it's not a
      huge deal 99% of the time, but for some reason in the 2007 season
      (most recent in the database version I have) the convention to include
      all pitching seasons and fielding seasons in the batting table whether
      or not a batting record for that player/season existed seems to have
      stopped and there are missing names. The guy building our search
      feature relies on the batting table as the general player record
      creator (each player has one record per teamID/stint in the batting
      table, which is why he chose to do that), so we were kind of wondering
      if any fixes were planned to fill in those missing records or not.

      Thanks in advance,

      SABR Matt
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic