3491Re: [baseball-databank] 2007 update

  • Theodore Turocy
    Dec 9, 2007
      On Dec 9, 2007 9:15 PM, Keith Hemmelman <khemmelman@...> wrote:

      There's actually an updated database posted at http://www.baseball-databank.org/  I noticed it the other day.  I'm not sure if it's the final release for this year or not.

      I haven't compared the numerical data in the new version with other sources yet. However, if anyone does use that version, there's a couple things to know about the 2007 data:

      (1) AL pitchers who didn't bat don't have lines in the Batting table;
      (2) Stint IDs don't match up in all cases between the Batting table and the Pitching and Fielding tables.  Most (all?) of these are related to the missing records in (1).

      I noticed this last week while updating my own database with new player IDs for the 2007 debuts.

      Ted
      --
      drarbiter@... - AMDG
      Chadwick: Open Source Tools for Baseball Play-by-Play -- http://chadwick.sourceforge.net