3019Re: [baseball-databank] Hall of Fame Spreadsheet

    Mar 1, 2006
      I'll mention that I'm compiling a "Negro Leaguers Master File" in the baseball-databank format, which will have several hundred Negro League players.   Optimistically, I could release a 'beta' version in a few weeks....

      Paul Wendt <pgw02472@...> wrote:
      Keith Hemmelman <khemmelman@...>
      > I've updated my Hall of Fame spreadsheet.  I added a worksheet to
      > include the just completed 2006 Negro Leagues and Pre-Negro Leagues
      > Special Election results.  (I didn't integrate this data with the
      > actual HOF table data since almost all of these individuals do not
      > currently exist in the BDB and would need entries in the master table
      > added for them.)

      The SABR Negro Leagues Cmte has organized a search for the gravesites
      of all 39 second stage or all 94 first stage nominees who are deceased.
      Perhaps the more basic biographical data is known.  I think it makes
      sense to add all, not only the 17 elected to the Hall of Fame.

      Anyway, it appears that this group has moved to the front of the queue
      and should be the leading example for discussion of how to add new

      Paul Wendt

      Do You Yahoo!?

      Yahoo! Mail