2649Re: returns to team - Pete Palmer's list

    May 2 11:15 AM
      > Pete Palmer's list of 47 returns to team is available on the web.
      > http://world.std.com/~pgw/19c/return.to.team.html
      >
      > I covered it in a 19c Cmte newsletter, maybe didn't mention it here.
      > It provides another point of reference for checking the batting,
      > pitching and fielding tables (although some stints may correctly be
      > missing from some tables).

      I have added Jermaine Clark 2003 and Ken Huckaby 2004, so that is now
      a list of 49 within-season returns to team.

      The "returns" by Darren Holmes 2000 and Ed Sprague 2000 are missing
      from MS Access lahman52 and from baseball-reference. I haven't
      checked the current databank.

      Early Hamilton 1916 is a puzzle to me.
      4 ip in one game pitched.
      No evident plate appearance.
      That implies batting out of order, I think.

      Paul Wendt
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic