1587Re: [baseball-databank] Re: GOALS - short-term

  • tmasc@yahoo.com
    Jun 27, 2003
      No, that ZIP is the one you want. It's got the change
      log, the DB schema as a JPG, and the proposed Access
      version.

      We've talked about a CVS server, but I don't think we
      got around to it.

      Tom

      --- Michael Westbay
      <westbaystars@...> wrote:
      > Tom wrote:
      >
      > > Parks:
      > >
      > > If we look at the last proposed DB, dated Jan 31,
      > > 2003, we have the following parks table

      ParkID,Park,ParkAlias,CITY,STATE,START_DATE,END_DATE,NOTES

      > Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I think that
      > does take care of it.
      > (Although I still don't like the way places are
      > handled. Planned to be
      > fixed in a future proposal?)
      >
      > If you don't mind my asking, where is this proposed
      > DB? I've browsed
      > most of:

      > from which I got BDB_2003_01_31.zip. Is this the
      > one? Is there a plain
      > text (e.g. MySQL dump) version of this somewhere?
      > I've only been able
      > to use the data at:
      >
      > http://www.baseball-databank.org/
      >
      > which has everything dated December 10, 2002, so I
      > guess I'm a little
      > out of date.
      >
      > Also, the only FAQ I've been able to find so far
      > involved proper CSV
      > formatting. Is there a more general one that points
      > to the current
      > proposals and schema? A CVS server with a current
      > MySQL dump or change log?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --
      > Michael Westbay