Re: Copyright Issues

  • Fredrik Ekman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2001
      Perhaps the final word in this discussion? The following is a quote
      from Yahoo's Terms of Service: "Yahoo does not claim ownership of
      Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service."
      Then follow a number of disclaimers, but nothing, as far as I can
      tell, that substantially reduces the validity of the statement.

      I have a vague recollection that (as Bruce pointed out) Yahoo actually
      did claim ownership at one piont, but that there was so much
      resistance that they had to back on that.

      In conclusion: We may think what we like about Yahoo as an entity, but
      they do not in any way own our words, much less our minds. Post on!

      /Fredrik
    • Bruce Bozarth
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2001
        Fredrik Ekman wrote:
        > In conclusion: We may think what we like about Yahoo as an entity, but
        > they do not in any way own our words, much less our minds. Post on!

        Thanks for the update on what is clearly a revised TOS at Yahoo. That
        said, I will continue to lurk or offer short asides as the mood
        strikes--Yahoo has disappointed too often for me to embrace the site.

        --

        TANGOR

        Entry point to Tangor's ERB Web Empire is
        http://freeweb.pdq.net/Tangor
        The Official ERB FAQ is at
        http://freeweb.pdq.net/Tangor/erbfaq.html