Re: [barsoom] This dead board.

  • Fredrik Ekman
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20 9:11 AM
      On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Bruce Bozarth wrote:

      > I do, however, lurk at the barsoom@yahoogroups.com list and rarely
      > post since I do not agree with yahoo's terms of service and blanket
      > declaration that they own all copyright to anything posted through
      > yahoogroups.com.

      I have read Yahoo's terms of usage and found nothing that really bothered
      me. I will have to go back and see what I can make out of it. I am
      generally very protective of my copyright, even though I agree with Mark
      that very little or nothing that I write here has any real financial value
      in itself.

      For a general discussion on copyright issues, we must also remember that
      rules differ between countries. In most of Western Europe, the individual
      is much better protected than in the US, for instance. In Sweden, the
      actual ownership to something that you have produced can never be traded
      away (even though the rights to publish it can). So if Yahoo claims
      ownership to something I have written (in Sweden, for Yahoo), can I call
      upon Swedish law to reclaim it? I have no idea. Probably even lawyers
      would have difficulties giving a straight answer.

      /Fredrik