journey to mars

  • ralph
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      guys, i got bigtime lucky today, i picked up a beautiful hardcover
      edition of journey to mars by gustavus w. pope [ hyperion reprint in
      mint condition] this is the real granddaddy of scientific romance or
      sword and planet ---it is before gulliver of mars or a princess of
      mars------it has swordplay, red, yellow, blue races and giants--a
      bronze princess that falls in love with an earthing [ a naval
      officer] many monsters and weird creatures exist on mars and people
      live for an extraordinary amout of time , martians fly huge bird-like
      creatures----------sound familiar---written in 1894------i have
      several books to read before it but i know this baby will keep me up
      at night---------ralph
    • thongor1
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Oh, that sounds keen! I'll have to track that down.
      • ralph
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          i found mine on www.abebooks.com -----there was more----ralph
        • thongor1
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
            Thanks! I'll check it out.
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
              In a message dated 9/1/03 9:23:08 PM, ggrasso06@... writes:

              > guys, i got bigtime lucky today, i picked up a beautiful hardcover
              > edition of journey to mars by gustavus w. pope [ hyperion reprint in
              > mint condition] this is the real granddaddy of scientific romance or
              > sword and planet --

              Ralph --

              Congratulations! That's a real find -- I didn't even know it existed in
              hardback; my copy is a paperback but I haven't seen it in 10 or 12 years since my
              son "borrowed" it. He keeps promising to return it, but I'll believe it
              when I see it back on my shelf.

            • ralph
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
                aq-------put in journey to mar in title box at www.abebooks.com , go
                to second page----there should be a couple there------ralph
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
                  In a message dated 9/2/03 4:46:27 AM, ggrasso06@... writes:

                  > put in journey to mar in title box at www.abebooks.com , go
                  > to second page----there should be a couple there--

                  Ralph --

                  Thanks, I HAVE a copy -- just need to get it back from my son. Right now
                  he's urging me to read Jorge Luis Borges.

                  AQP