Re: [ColonialWars] Barsoom

  • TheAngl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      If anyone's interested, I noticed that someone is selling pristine,
      still-in-the-shrinkwrap-after-20-years copies of the old SPI game, "John
      Carter, Warlord of Mars." This is a wonderful game, a riot for 2-4 players
      and quite good solitaire, but it won't work very well in pbm.

      It plays just like the books: you, as a hero, chase some villain all over
      Barsoom, having adventures, getting thrown into dungeons, fighting beasts,
      until you finally corner your nemesis and rescue your princess, or die
      trying. Each player controls his own hero and one other player's villain.
      Loads of fun.

      It appears that whoever this seller is, he must have discovered a nest of
      these games because he's sold at least 2 or 3 already, and there are 2 or 3
      more still for sale. They seem to be going for around $60, which sounds
      pricey but in my experience is pretty reasonable for a game of this vintage,
      rarity, and condition. I didn't mark down the URLs but you can find them by
      going to eBay and searching for John Carter.

      The Angle
      <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/theangl/ColonialAngle/index.html">The Colonial Angle</A>