Re: [barsoom] Hello

  • Jeff Doten
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2003
      Kaor ! good to meet ya ! Okay, the only reason I EVER go to " ain't it
      cool" .com is for news on this project. And the feedback section -
      don't get me going - ANYWAYS - here's the last news on the film -

      Mark Protosevich to write JOHN CARTER OF MARS Script!!!

      Hey folks, Harry here. Back quite some time ago there was a young scruff
      of a writer that was taking film geeks by storm with his masterful
      script for I AM LEGEND. There was much salivation as Ridley Scott came
      aboard to direct Arnie in the best script Arnie had worked on since the
      original CONAN THE BARBARIAN and the best script that Ridley Scott had
      had since BLADE RUNNER. Weirdness ensued and Ridley jettisoned, Arnie
      remain attached, the project went into Limbo. It was much energy and
      potential, but what became of it? Well right now, it is very much alive
      with Michael Bay and Will Smith. Ok, so it is in I.C.U., but what about
      the screenwriter?

      Well Mark Protosevich has continued to work on cool projects. He was one
      of the writers on FREDDY VS JASON, STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND and GHOST
      RIDERS IN THE SKY. He's turned in a draft of the reimagining of BRIDE OF
      FRANKENSTEIN at Universal, and it after he finishes the draft of that,
      that he's pecking away at right now... He begins to right his epic...

      JOHN CARTER OF MARS!

      This is the project in the post LORD OF THE RINGS world to get erect
      for. This is a project that if done right, well it could just kick in
      teeth and take names. It would be grand. So step one has begun on this
      project, a really great and loving writer that gives a shit, is working
      on it. Next, we'll have to see what happens in the director's chair...
      then of course... who is John Carter? Hugh Jackman? Cole Hauser? Jason
      Schwartzman? What do you think?

      And while I'm saying hi, check out my web site ( I'm an illustrator )
      for my Barsoom stuff, it's linked below - Jeff Doten of Okar

      Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio and the Fire Gods of Venus Project
      http://www.jeffdoten.com