Hello

  • Quintus Lanius Paulinus
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2003
      Hello Everyone,

      I'm just new to the group and wanted to say hi. I read the Mars
      series when I was a young fellow in the late 60's and they hooked me
      on sci-fi forever. I have many ER books in my collection including a
      big reference ERB - Master of Adventure.

      My first question is about a possible movie by Paramount on John
      Carter Of Mars. I didn't find anything on the internet about its
      release time or if they even started shooting it yet. Anyone else
      heard anything on this?

      Regards,

      Michael Kelly
    • Jeff Doten
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2003
        Kaor ! good to meet ya ! Okay, the only reason I EVER go to " ain't it
        cool" .com is for news on this project. And the feedback section -
        don't get me going - ANYWAYS - here's the last news on the film -

        Mark Protosevich to write JOHN CARTER OF MARS Script!!!

        Hey folks, Harry here. Back quite some time ago there was a young scruff
        of a writer that was taking film geeks by storm with his masterful
        script for I AM LEGEND. There was much salivation as Ridley Scott came
        aboard to direct Arnie in the best script Arnie had worked on since the
        original CONAN THE BARBARIAN and the best script that Ridley Scott had
        had since BLADE RUNNER. Weirdness ensued and Ridley jettisoned, Arnie
        remain attached, the project went into Limbo. It was much energy and
        potential, but what became of it? Well right now, it is very much alive
        with Michael Bay and Will Smith. Ok, so it is in I.C.U., but what about
        the screenwriter?

        Well Mark Protosevich has continued to work on cool projects. He was one
        of the writers on FREDDY VS JASON, STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND and GHOST
        RIDERS IN THE SKY. He's turned in a draft of the reimagining of BRIDE OF
        FRANKENSTEIN at Universal, and it after he finishes the draft of that,
        that he's pecking away at right now... He begins to right his epic...

        JOHN CARTER OF MARS!

        This is the project in the post LORD OF THE RINGS world to get erect
        for. This is a project that if done right, well it could just kick in
        teeth and take names. It would be grand. So step one has begun on this
        project, a really great and loving writer that gives a shit, is working
        on it. Next, we'll have to see what happens in the director's chair...
        then of course... who is John Carter? Hugh Jackman? Cole Hauser? Jason
        Schwartzman? What do you think?

        And while I'm saying hi, check out my web site ( I'm an illustrator )
        for my Barsoom stuff, it's linked below - Jeff Doten of Okar

        Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio and the Fire Gods of Venus Project
        http://www.jeffdoten.com