Lone Ranger / John Carter of Mars Connection

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 9:06 PM
      We've just seen the new LONE RANGER. . . great fun.
      Buster Keaton rides again!

      THE JOHN CARTER OF MARS / LONE RANGER FILM CONNECTION
      Lone Ranger scriptwriter Ted Elliott was featured on an ERB script writers at the
      2002 Tarzana ECOF.
      www.erbzine.com/mag9/0953.html
      Photo L-R: Marv Wolfman, Ted Elliott, Chuck Pogue
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag45/elliott.jpg
      In the late '80s Walt Disney Pictures bought the film rights for ERB's "A Princess of Mars," with a view to creating a competitor to Star Wars and Conan the Barbarian. Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio were hired to write the script in 1990: "The Chronicles of John Carter." John McTiernan and Tom Cruise were
      approached to direct and star. The project collapsed because McTiernan realized that visual effects were not yet advanced enough to recreate Burroughs' vision of Barsoom. Elliott and Rossio went on to write a string blockbusters including the "Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogy.

      www.hillmanweb.com