Looking for quote

  • archangelofmars
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14 10:25 AM
      Hey there, Barsoomian experts.

      I've been searching for a passage where John Carter (as narrator) re-iterates his unmatched prowess with a sword, and goes on to encourage readers to be unabashedly proud of whatever it is they are good at.

      Anyone recall where it's located?
      I want to pass it on to a young artist.

      Thank you.
    • Michael Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15 5:39 PM
        I think that's in....books #1-12. ;)

        > I've been searching for a passage where John Carter (as narrator) re-iterates his unmatched prowess with a sword, and goes on to encourage readers to be unabashedly proud of whatever it is they are good at.
        >
        > Anyone recall where it's located?

      • Jim Clunie
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16 1:51 AM
          This?

          "If I sometimes seem to take too great pride in my fighting ability, it
          must be remembered that fighting is my vocation. If your vocation
          be shoeing horses, or painting pictures, and you can do one or
          the other better than your fellows, then you are a fool if you are
          not proud of your ability. And so I am very proud that upon two
          planets no greater fighter has ever lived than John Carter, Prince
          of Helium." - The Warlord of Mars, "A Hero in Kaol"

          Jim

          On 15 May 2013 03:25, archangelofmars <archangelofmars@...> wrote:

          > Hey there, Barsoomian experts.
          >
          > I've been searching for a passage where John Carter (as narrator)
          > re-iterates his unmatched prowess with a sword, and goes on to encourage
          > readers to be unabashedly proud of whatever it is they are good at.
          >
          > Anyone recall where it's located?
          > I want to pass it on to a young artist.
          >
          > Thank you.

        • archangelofmars