Re: [barsoom] Airial warfare

  • Richard Creager
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28 3:44 AM
      In dogfights, a Terran on Mars could handle more g's than a Martian.  As long as the aircraft could handle it, a human could outmaneuver with tighter turns and higer accelleration.  If both aircraft were already at max velocity, the only advantage would be the tighter turns.

      You would definitely have to be more skilled as a pilot on Mars with the lower ceiling you pointed out.

      Richard

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28 4:23 PM
        Because of the low gravity, air doesn't "pack down" as much as on Earth. If the surface pressure were as high as on Earth, the highest breathable altitude would be much higher than Earth. With the air being thin, even at ground level, the maximum breathable altitude is probably about the same as Earth, give or take a couple thousand feet.