Pellucidar & Warlord

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      This may sound irrelevant but I am doing a new paper on Pellucidar and
      thisrequires a scan of a map.

      Basically, DC published a comic called Warlord in 1976.
      in the first few pages, the hero was flying a SR-71, got shot down,
      flew through the polar opening into the inner World and crashed in
      Skartaris.
      I recall that there was a panel of him plotting his course after
      beinghit with a SAM and I need that map from that panel.

      Unfortunatly, i sold my Warlord Collection to pay for my daughter's college.
      So if anyone has or can borrow that Warlord #1 and scan that map-panel
      in and send it to me, I would be ever so grateful.

      Thanks.

    • Richard Creager
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
        Rick,

        Not what you asked for (it's from Annual #4), but might this help?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Skartarisdcu0.jpg

        Was the one your looking for really in The Warlord #1 or possibly the pre-issue in 1st Issue Special #8?

        Rich

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
          Did I read that there is another map done by a Warlord fan? If so, how could one, such as myself, obtain said map?

          Steve S.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
            Here's another one from:
            http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Skartaris/Gallery

            Rich

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
              I have that one. Thanks though.

              I created a PHOTO Album labeled "Skartaris Maps" where I posted all
              ofthe maps I have on Skartaris.

              So far I am thinking that the Inner World has 'areas' in the same way
              the Surface has Continents. Pellucidar is under the north Atlantic
              between New England and Morrocco. Skartaris is under Yukon-Alaska.

              Then there are the Mega-Caverns where dinos have settled in on their
              migrationsfrom the Inner World.
              Zanthodon is inder Algeria. Savage lans in a mega-cavern under the
              Antartic. etc.

              Plus area where the Migration Routes reach the surface.
              Maple White land in Brazil, Dragon Isla in the Pacific north of New
              Zealand. maybe Isla Sorna off Costa Rica (per Den Valdron's
              thoughts). Skull Island in the Indian Ocean.