Re: Animal Planet

  • keithbvaughn <keithvaughn@gbonline.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      Hi Xenophile,

      The previews of the program I found facinating although I don't have
      cable or satellite. I'll probably have to buy the dvd when it comes
      out. I did get a big kick out the two "Walking with..." series.

      evolution to the folks at AH-Evolution.

      Thanks for spreading the word. If you want to, you could copy and
      send it on over to that group and explain where it comes from (modern
      barsoom and back engineering.)

      Right now I'm working on a second part of that evolution article in a
      roundabout way. It's a panache' of a character from the Barsoom
      series who travels up into the ancient continents. I've had to
      develop an ecology (sparse as it is) for the remains of the dry land
      animals. That's why I was asking for maps of the ancient continents
      several months ago.

      Right now, I'm a couple of chapters in and will be introducing the
      heroine (a mixture of white and yellow races) to the hero (Kar Komak-
      The Bowman of Mars) and start the normal grief of romance found in
      the other martian books. A chapter or two after that, all hell will
      be breaking loose.

      I figure it will be several more months before I have it written and
      get a rewrite done. After that I will post the results on the board
      here. (Before I'm asked, the Hillman's have permission to use it in
      their excellent e-zine.)

      It's a winter project and now that I'm feeling my health returning, I
      should be able to get some words down. Maybe I'll do some art to go
      with it.

      Some odd thoughts,
      Keith
    • keithbvaughn <keithvaughn@gbonline.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
        Also, I'm still working on Planets of Peril. Right now I have to do
        some maps and artwork before I can do the next phase of writing.

        Keith