ERBzine: Eclectica 2012.01 | Conran Bros' John Carter: Art, Promo Vid, Script | JC in Funnies 49 | Celardo: Tz & Ghost | Maxon: City of Gold/Lion Man |Gold Key 160

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 19, 2012
      Bill Hillman's ERBzine
      A Weekly Online Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute Zine
      A new edition each Friday at:
      http://www.ERBzine.com/mag
      Complete 2004-2012 Illustrated Archive at:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag/2011.html
      This Week's Abbreviated e-Mail Contents for
      January 20-26, 2012

      ECOF AND THE JOHN CARTER PREMIERE WILL SOON BE HERE
      http://www.ERBzine.com/dumdum
      =====================
      Feature 1: ERBzine 3567
      =====================
      ERB Eclectica 2012.01
      ECOF John Carter Film News ~ Posters ~ Art ~
      Stills ~ News ~ Interviews ~ New Publications ~ etc.
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag35/3567.html

      =========================
      Feature 2: ERBzine 3694
      =========================
      The ERBzine Evolution of John Carter in Film Series Continues:
      65 images of the Conran Brothers production art: Pt. I
      plus their short promo video
      and Screenplay
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag36/3694.html

      =========================
      Feature 3: ERBzine 3695
      =========================
      ERBzine Evolution of John Carter in Film Series
      Conran Brothers production art: Pt. II
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag36/3695.html
      More at: www.cartermovie.com

      ================================
      Feature 4: ERBzine 3724
      ================================
      John Carter's first appearance in comic format was in The Funnies.
      This Week: Part V: Issue 49
      Art by John Coleman Burroughs
      Scans from the Michael Tierney Collection
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag37/3724.html

      ================================
      Feature 5: ERBzine 3801
      ===============================
      Meet John Celardo
      (December 27, 1918 - January 6, 2012)
      Introduction to his daily Tarzan strips
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag38/3801.html

      =======================
      Feature 6: ERBzine 3802
      =======================
      Tarzan and the Ghost
      January/February 1954 ~ Strips 4499-4534
      Art by John Celardo ~ Continuity by Dick Van Buren
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag38/3802.html

      =====================
      Feature 7: ERBzine 3765
      =====================
      Tarzan and the City of Gold
      Intro and Contents
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag37/3750.html
      150 1934 Strips: Art by Rex Maxon ~ Continuity by R.W. Palmer / Don Garden
      Strips 145-150 : CONCLUSION
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag37/3767.html

      ======================
      Feature 8: ERBzine 3768
      ======================
      TARZAN AND THE LION MAN
      Daily Strips: Art by Rex Maxon ~ Continuity by Don Garden
      O1-O138 (17 Sept. 1934-23 Feb. 1935)
      138 Strips : Introduction
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag37/3768.html

      ======================
      Feature 9: ERBzine 2596
      ======================
      Tarzan Gold Key Comics Nos 132+
      Also 2595: Tarzan Dells 100-131 and John Carter
      Also 2395: DELL TARZAN COMICS INTRO & CONTENTS: 1-100
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag25/2596.html

      ======================
      Feature 10: ERBzine 2560
      ======================
      Gold Key Tarzan Comic No. 160
      The Jewels of Opar - Part II: Flight from Terror
      Pages 1-18
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag25/2560.html

      ======================
      Feature 11: ERBzine 2560a
      ======================
      Gold Key Tarzan Comic No. 160
      Pages 19-36
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag25/2560a.html

      ===================================
      FEATURE 12-18 Updates
      ===================================
      http://www.ERBzine.com/news
      http://www.cartermovie.com
      http://www.ERBzine.com/swag
      http://www.tarzan.com/emporium
      http://www.tarzan.com/tarzine
      http://www.DantonBurroughs.com/dan
      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/mag
      ====================================
      Bill Hillman
      Editor and Webmaster for the
      Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Websites & Webzines
      http://www.erbzine.com
      http://www.tarzan.com
      http://www.tarzan.org
      http://www.barsoom.com
      http://www.pellucidar.org
      http://www.cartermovie.com

    • Balthasar
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 30, 2012
        --- In barsoom@yahoogroups.com, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...>
        wrote:

        > sarcasm?
        > Ok, I can appreciate that<g>

        Oop. No sarcasm intended, sir. My apologies for the implication - it
        was a bit of an over-the-top outburst. I was just that, after spending
        months putting the big version of your map together, then trying to
        duplicate it in an entirely different medium, that you would be here to
        look at it kinda blew me away for a minute. I appreciate your giving
        it your attention, truly.

        As for the 'world's expert' designation, tell me - who else in the world
        has posted such intricately detailed maps of Barsoom anywhere? Not to
        belittle Den Valron's or anyone else's work, mind you, much of which is
        as familiar to me as to anyone (hi Den, nice to meet you); but no one
        else has posted online anywhere near the map-work you have, you must
        admit. ergo: expert.

        So whether you consider yourself an expert, or just a nimble
        Cartographer, I'm truly glad to have your eyes on my work, and am
        humbled by it. honestly.

        Sorry that the size of my map has challenged your 'puter. The original
        of it is even larger-sized - apparently to large for ImageShack,
        however, and that one was 1/4 the size of the map that the players will
        get to play on. So yeah, Civ III maps are huge - all the better for
        games that last for weeks and weeks!

        As to the size of your map, I downloaded the pieces and assembled them
        without resizing on my computer, so if there's a larger-sized one out
        there somewhere, I missed it, and would explain why I couldn't read it
        especially well. It appears we both prefer large canvases. The
        re-assembled version of your map that I used for reference is posted at:
        http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7845/barsoommapbyrick.jpg
        <http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7845/barsoommapbyrick.jpg>

        Warning, that map is also HUGE.