Amtor/Vepaja/Longevity Serum

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      So now I know that Noobol is a loosely defined area of Amtor, not a nation or zone of Amtor. This could possibly be the only such type of geographical entity on Venus.

      I've long been curious about the longevity serum of Amtor, at least in the Southern Hemishpherem wich includes Havatoo, Morov and Andoo, though they are mainly in Strabol. We know that Vepeja was once much larger than the present day island it now exists on (even if it does not effectively control it, witness the Thorist party that kidnapped Duare and returned to their ships in a Vepajan harbor). For that matter, how did they find the location of Kooad and Duare's residence?

      But I digress. We don't know how long ago the upheaval in Vepaja began that ended with the rise of the Thorists (or do we?) But we do know that the longevity serum developed by the Vepajans was lost to the Thorists who are always trying to kidnap Vepajan physicians who do know the secret. Theoretically, one could live forever unless killed in combat or by accident.

      We also know that the savants of Havatoo developed their own longevity serum, independent of Vepaja. I believe this serum is good only for a few centuies, no more than a thousand years and this is on purpose.

      I'm involved with "Carson of Venus" right now and the Korovans of Anlop also have a serum, though whether or not only the city of Sanara possesses it has not been made clear. I wonder on this because Sanara is currently in a Vepajan-type situation, being the last holdout of a once robust empire (of Korva). It's just that Thorists (Communists) and Zani's (Nazis) are the bad guys. The duration of this serum remains unknown at this point, although the Tganga Zerka was said to possibly be 17 to 700 years old (Chapter VII "Zerka.") Carson seems to equate both serums as one and the same, curiously.

      It would appear that the old Vepajan Empire consisted only of present day Vepaja and Thora, possibly including current areas of the Thoran Empire or areas of influence, like Kapdor. I wonder if the Thorists are aware of Havatoo or Korva? They'd have better luck trying to obtain the serum from the Korvans than from the Vepajans...

      As to the Northern Hemisphere, I'll have to await events that occurr in "Escape on Venus."

      Steve S.

      PS A huge forest like that of Vepaja was observed by Carson and Duare (Chapter IV "A New Land"), as they approached Sanara in their anator.