new websites

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
      Most of you know that I am a map freak!

      I like to read a novel, create a map of the described areas and, hopefully,
      find a map that someone else has created.

      If I am very lucky, I can track down the maps by the original author
      (Treasure Island by Stevenson, Barsoom by Burroughs, Hyboria by Howard�

      THEN, I take these maps, reread the stories and try to figure out where the
      described places are to improve the maps I have.

      I am fortunate enough to often be contacted by someone who gives me the
      advice and information I need to make corrections.

      �Blah ,blah, blah�. So get to the point already. You Irish may take
      forever to reach your conclusions but the rest of the world gets bored!�

      All right, already! I�m trying!

      I created a website:

      http://Rick-Johnsons-Atlas-of-Barsoom.webs.com<http://rick-johnsons-atlas-of-barsoom.webs.com/>

      where I places the maps I found and those I made.

      BUT, I quickly found a complete Atlas eats free memory very quickly.

      And trying to upload my map of the Land of the Lost (Sid & Marty Kroft kids
      show) gave me a �your memory is full, pay for more space or delete files!�
      message.

      So I am creating two new websites:

      http://Rick-Johnsons-Atlas-of-Hyboria.webs.com<http://rick-johnsons-atlas-of-hyboria.webs.com/>
      and http://Rick-Johnsons-Atlas-from-Literature.webs.com<http://rick-johnsons-atlas-from-literature.webs.com/>

      But until they are up and running, I am deleting from the Barsoom Site all
      the Hyborian and misc literature (Bored of the Rings & Tolkein, etc�) to
      free space.

      So you might want to grab the maps while you can as there may be a time-lag
      between removal and new website posting!

      I know I am doing this backwards, I should create, THEN, delete, but if I do
      it that way, I�ll never get the new stuff up.

      "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
      will soon find that they have neither."

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
        I'm quite interested but can't get the links to function.

        Anybody else have an issue?

        Steve S.

        PS I'd love to see a map of William Morris' "The Well at the World's End."

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
          Wait, they might work but not here where I work. I'll try at home.

          Steve S.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
            still working on them. Specifics would help me know what to fix

            The Barsoom is done and should be working.
            http://Rick-Johnsons-Atlas-of-Barsoom.webs.com<http://rick-johnsons-atlas-of-barsoom.webs.com/>

            The Hyboria is being uploaded but the index is there
            http://Rick-Johnsons-Atlas-of-Hyboria.webs.com<http://rick-johnsons-atlas-of-hyboria.webs.com/>

            The Literature is being written.

            i wish that webs.com had an 'do you wish to be updated' button like
            Geocities did.