pics.exe virus

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
      WARNING.

      A couple of the yahoo groups got hit by a virus that is spamming their
      addressbook.
      And i got one that supposedly comes from a woman I know telling me that she
      is sending me naked pics of herself.

      Now i KNOW that this woman has no reason to send me those pics (though I
      wouldn't minds seeing them)... so I figure that this must be a spam.
      Fortunatly, I had just sent out a warning on a spam-virus on a list I
      moderate so was being extra careful.

      I looked closely and the virus was hiding as "nakedpics.exe" instead of
      'nakedpics.jpg".

      So beware of ANYTHING you get, even if it is from someone you know!

      Look at it carefully, not what you think it is.

      "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
      will soon find that they have neither."

    • Walter Palmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
        I am as concerned about malware as anyone else. I did think it was funny when I downloaded a picture several years ago - from email, I think - and I got a message saying that that program would not run on my operating system. It seems that it too had the extension ".exe".

        I have been getting emails from various people all telling me that they are looking for an attorney to recover some money for them "in your jurisdiction". It they don't know what 'my jurisdiction' is I'm guessing that they are phishing.