  • tirailleur2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
      Kaor!

      Just found the group. In response to the question of what book would
      I miss most -- that would be the first one I read "Chessmen of Mars"
      that is the one that hooked me but I like them all (except for Giant
      which I find hard to believe is genuine ERB).

      Anyway, I just started Princess again (will probably work my way
      through the first three again, or maybe the first five or six... and
      revisit all my old friends on Barsoom).

      I've always been puzzled about the Arizona cave and all that went on
      there. Any theories?

      Also would like to discuss sometime ERB's views on religion as seen
      through the lens of the Barsoom books.

      Coram Nobis
    • Fredrik Ekman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
        On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, tirailleur2002 wrote:

        > I've always been puzzled about the Arizona cave and all that went on
        > there. Any theories?

        Kenneth Webber has an interesting take on the subject in the following
        article: http://www.erblist.com/erbmania/kw/kwage_jc.html

        I cannot say that I agree with everything he says, but it is certainly
        thought-provoking.

        /Fredrik