ERBzine Weekly: Unpublished Art ~ Stormgaard serial ~ St. John ~ Az-Lium 11 & 12 ~ Abbett ~ GW March ~ 2 radio series ~ Manning ~ Dell 71 ~ Film

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
      Bill Hillman's ERBzine
      A Weekly Online Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute Zine
      A new edition each Friday at:
      http://www.ERBzine.com/mag
      This Week's Abbreviated e-Mail Contents for
      April 2 - 8, 2010

      =================================
      Feature 1: ERBzine 1901
      =================================
      ERB Eclectica 2010.03
      Rare unpublished ERB Comics & Film Art
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag19/1901.html

      ===================================
      Feature 2: ERBzine 3182
      ===================================
      Rose of Stormgaard serial by Ken St. Andre
      Chapters: Four | Five | Six
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag31/3182.html

      ===================================
      Feature 3: ERBzine 2119
      ===================================
      The Fantastic and Weird
      Cover Art of J. Allen St. John
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag21/2119.html

      =================================
      Feature 4: ERBzine 3163b
      =================================
      The full-length Mars novel by Den Valdron
      Princess of Az-Lium
      A Mars Novel Serialized in 50 Chapters
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag31/3160.html
      This week:
      11. IN WHICH A DUEL TO THE DEATH ACTUALLY TAKES PLACE
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag31/3163b.html

      ===================================
      Feature 5: ERBzine 3163c
      ====================================
      Den Valdron's Princess of Az-Lium

      12. JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE WORLD
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag31/3163c.html

      =====================================
      Features 6: ERBzine 2340
      =====================================
      Tarzan On Radio: The 1951-52 Commodore Series
      Log of shows 41-72
      65. Jungle Smoke - 52-04-17
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag23/2340.html

      ====================================
      Feature 7: ERBzine 0301
      ====================================
      Gallery of Ballantine
      Barsoom & Tarzan Cover Art
      by Robert Abbett
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag3/0301.html

      ==================================
      Feature 8: Gridley Wave Archive
      ==================================
      The Gridley Wave #330 ~ March 2010
      www.ERBzine.com/gw/1003.html
      Mirrored from www.burroughsbibliophiles.com/gw/1003.html
      Plus Alternate PDF Version

      ===================================
      Feature 9: ERBzine 2133
      ===================================
      Tarzan and the Valley of Giant Insects
      aka Return to Opar
      Aug. 17, 1975 - Aug. 22, 1976 ~ Strips: 2319-2372
      Story and Art by Russ Manning
      Thise week's feature: MARCH 1976
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag21/2133.html

      =====================================
      FEATURE 10: ERBzine 2873
      =====================================
      CALVIN'S MOVIE OF THE WEEK XXXII
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag28/2873.html
      TARZAN'S HIDDEN JUNGLE
      ERBzine Silver Screen Reference:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag19/1953.html

      ====================================
      Features 11: ERBzine 3140
      ====================================
      Tarzan 1934 Serial: 39 Episodes
      Tarzan and the Diamond of Asher
      This Week:
      11 Voodoo Medicine
      12 Sting Of The Black Snake Whip
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag31/3140.html

      ====================================
      Feature 12: ERBzine 2395
      ====================================
      DELL TARZAN & JC COMICS INTRO & CONTENTS
      Read 'em here: Issues 1-71, Annuals and more
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag23/2395.html

      ====================================
      Feature 13: ERBzine 2471
      ====================================
      Dell Tarzan Comic No. 71
      Tarzan and the Plague of Lions
      Pages 1-17
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag24/2471.html

      ====================================
      Feature 14: ERBzine 2471a
      ====================================
      Tarzan and the Plague of Lions
      Pages 18-36
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag24/2471a.html

      ====================================
      Feature 15: ERBzine 2600 & ERBzine 2900
      CONTENTS: HUNDREDS OF TARZAN DAILY STRIPS BY MANNING
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag26/2600.html
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag29/2900.html

      ====================================
      Feature 16: ERBzine 2956
      ====================================
      Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan: 9 Daily Strips from 1971
      Tarzan Returns to the Earth's Core
      November 22, 1971 - July 29, 1972 ~ Strips: 10093-10308
      Page 125:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag29/2956.html

      ====================================
      Feature 17: ERBzine 2957
      ====================================
      Tarzan Returns to the Earth's Core
      Page 126:
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag29/2957.html

      ====================================
      FEATURE 18: Update ERBzine 1572
      ====================================
      ERBzine Comics Encyclopedia presents
      Dell Comics Summaries ~ Pt. 8 by Duane Adams
      Issues 71-80
      http://www.erbzine.com/mag15/1572.html

      ===================================
      FEATURE 19-24: Updates
      ===================================
      http://www.ERBzine.com/news
      http://www.ERBzine.com/swag
      http://www.tarzan.com/emporium
      http://www.tarzan.com/tarzine
      http://www.DantonBurroughs.com/dan
      http://www.johncolemanburroughs.com/mag
      ====================================
      Bill Hillman
      Editor and Webmaster for the
      Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Websites & Webzines
      http://www.erbzine.com
      http://www.tarzan.com
      http://www.tarzan.org
      http://www.barsoom.com
      http://www.pellucidar.org
      http://www.edgarriceburroughs.ca

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
        Ta da!!!!

        Article about just how much water (sh*tloads) is at the South Pole of Mars.  Essentially, enough to cover the entire planet to a depth of 30 or 40 feet.  But near the end, we have this little gem:

        "One area with an especially bright reflection from the
        base of the deposits posed a puzzle for the researchers. It resembled
        what a thin layer of liquid water might look like to radar, but the
        conditions are so cold that the presence of melted water was considered
        highly unlikely.
        "

        Hmmm.  What appears to be a liquid sea buried beneath the south polar ice cap?  Hmmm.  Where've we heard that one.

      • scorpio_burn59
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
          Now that is exciting! The Omean Sea!!! I would bet some absolutely incredible fossils abound on that world! We really need to go there. I live in Virginia but need to travel to Arizona to find that cave! LOL!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
            I guess, now that I'm thinking of it, I should pitch my new Barsoomiad,  Princess of Az-Lium, now appearing on Bill Hillman's site, two chapters a week, every week.   We've had a dozen chapters posted by now, so if you haven't taken a look at it, now is the time to give it a shot and decide if you like it.

            Check it out, folks

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
              In a message dated 5/4/10 21:12:07, scorpio_burn@... writes:

              > I live in Virginia but need to travel to Arizona to find that cave!

              You don't need that particular cave. You can get to Barsoom from just
              about anywhere, e. g., the bluffs above the Hudson, Tarzana ranch, the cabin in
              the white mountains, even a beach in Hawaii.

            • sailor.barsoom
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
                > You don't need that particular cave. You can get to
                > Barsoom from just about anywhere, e. g., the bluffs above
                > the Hudson, Tarzana ranch, the cabin in the white
                > mountains, even a beach in Hawaii.
                >
                > AQPorter

                Put me down for the beach in Hawaii. That way, even if the
                Barsoom trip doesn't work, I'm some place wonderful.