irs scam

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      I used the IRS e-file at the recommendation of my tax acct..
      they charged me $70 to file my taxes...
      and didn;t tell me until i callred to dispute the charge on my checking
      acct.

      BEWARE of the IRS!!!

      "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
      will soon find that they have neither."

    • Walter Palmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Your accountant may have charged you for e-file, but the IRS did not. It doesn't.

        WP
        H&R Block Tax Pro

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          I understand.
          What I am angry with is how the IRS web-site bounced me to a pay-site which
          charged me $70...
          ...but buried the bounce and charges in the 4-point font at the bottom of
          the page so I thought i was still on the IRS free-site!

          At least the Arizona gov sites TELL you in large font what they are doing
          BEFORE they bounce you and offer you a chance to refuse to be bounced!

          On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Walter Palmer <walterpalmer@...> wrote:

          > Your accountant may have charged you for e-file, but the IRS did not. It
          > doesn't.
          >
          > WP
          > H&R Block Tax Pro
          >
          > > I used the IRS e-file at the recommendation of my tax acct..
          > > they charged me $70 to file my taxes...
          > > and didn;t tell me until i callred to dispute the charge on my checking
          > > acct.
          > >
          > > BEWARE of the IRS!!!

          "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
          will soon find that they have neither."

        • Douglas Cahill
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
            http://www.irs.gov/%c2%a0 The IRS website. through this site e filing is free