ebay stealing our writings

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 30 4:38 PM
      Von Horst sent me a message informing me that some giu (see below) was
      selling oe of my stories he took from ERBZone.
      He also took the description from the Pellucidar Pastiches website.

      I complaind and my stuff was pulled but he is still selling the following:

      If you didn;lt give permission ,you may wish to complain to e-bay.

      *********
      Tarzan At MARS CORE *RARE Barsoom story by Ed Hirschman

      Item condition: Like New Time left: 14 days 14 hours (Feb 14, 201007:26:49
      PST)

      Price: US $38.99 *Buy It Now**Buy It Now*Buy It Now Watch this item Now
      watching in *My eBay* Now watching in *My eBay*

      Item number: 370320952818

      Item location: De Pere, Wisconsin, United States

      Seller info

      *thebull15* ( *2198*)

      97.4% Positive feedback

      Jahlanna of PELLUCIDAR ** an EARTH's CORE ** RARE story

      Item condition: Like New Time left: 13 days 23 hours (Feb 13, 201015:45:19
      PST)

      Price: US $49.99 *Buy It Now**Buy It Now*Buy It Now Watch this item Now
      watching in *My eBay* Now watching in *My eBay*

      Item number: 370320722920

      12 MAPS of BARSOOM Mars the world of John Carter by ERB EDGAR RICE
      BURROUGHS 12 different Maps E-Mailed to you

      Item condition: Like New Time left: 13 days 6 hours (Feb 12, 201022:55:44
      PST)

      Quantity:

      9 available

      Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less Please enter a quantity of 1
      Price: US $2.49 *Buy It Now**Buy It Now*Buy It Now Watch this item Now
      watching in *My eBay* Now watching in *My eBay*

      370320280555

      Other item info

      Item number:

      "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security
      will soon find that they have neither."

    • seth
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
        Someone actually went through the trouble of printing a pirate edition of your Burroughs pastiche? If it had been mine, I would have just contacted the seller and asked to be cut in.

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
          I did!
          I commented that I didn;t recall giving permission, then asked if I was
          going to get any of the money he made from it.

          Strange things is that he chose one of my stories no one liked.
          Even Von Horst, whose uncomplimentary review was also stolen, didn't like
          the story<g>.

          The guy did say that no one actually paid though there was some interest.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
            I'm almost insulted.

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
              >>On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Den Valdron <dgvaldron@...> wrote:

              > >>I'm almost insulted

              Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
              As we who seek to imitate the Master well know.

              So, if that statement is true, what is outright thieft?
              Flattery?
              greed?
              a bad judgment or stupidity by stealing a story i wrote than no one likes
              and so won;'t sell?

              He's done this to me, Tony Phillips and one other that I know.
              Von Horst would know more as he keeps up on this and i'd have never known
              had he not notified me.

              Don't dispair, Den, i am certain that somewhere someone is stealing your
              work and making a lot of money on it<g>. Money you will never see.
              :-(

              that was an emoticon at the end.

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
                I can only hope.

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Letters were sent to the seller and eBay security over the last few days.
                  Bill Hillman
                  http://www.ERBzine.com

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 3, 2010
                    No kidding. No one has ever bothered to steal my work.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 3, 2010
                      We should complain to something.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 3, 2010
                        Response from eBay:
                        Thank you for writing eBay in regard to items being sold by thebull15.

                        We take reports of policy violations seriously. We'll review your report
                        and take appropriate action. Our actions may include listing
                        cancellation, limits on account privileges, account suspension, forfeit
                        of eBay fees on canceled listings, and loss of PowerSeller status.

                        To protect the privacy of all eBay members, we can't discuss the details
                        of any actions taken against a member's account. I hope that this
                        assures you that your account information will also remain private.

                        It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

                        Sincerely,
                        Annabelle
                        eBay Customer Support

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 3, 2010
                          same form letter I got.
                          We shal lsee if they act.

                          On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Bill and Sue-On Hillman <
                          hillmans@...> wrote:

                          > Response from eBay:
                          > Thank you for writing eBay in regard to items being sold by thebull15.
                          >
                          > We take reports of policy violations seriously. We'll review your report
                          > and take appropriate action. Our actions may include listing
                          > cancellation, limits on account privileges, account suspension, forfeit
                          > of eBay fees on canceled listings, and loss of PowerSeller status.
                          >
                          > To protect the privacy of all eBay members, we can't discuss the details
                          > of any actions taken against a member's account. I hope that this
                          > assures you that your account information will also remain private.
                          >
                          > It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.
                          >
                          > Sincerely,
                          > Annabelle
                          > eBay Customer Support

                        • moralesf17
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 6, 2010
                            11 MAPS of John Carter's BARSOOM Mars by ERB * e-mailed (370399133531)
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/11-MAPS-John-Carters-BARSOOM-Mars-ERB-e-mailed-/3703\
                            99133531?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item563d823f5b
                            <http://cgi.ebay.com/11-MAPS-John-Carters-BARSOOM-Mars-ERB-e-mailed-/370\
                            399133531?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item563d823f5b>

                            http://cgi.ebay.com/12-MAPS-BARSOOM-Mars-world-John-Carter-ERB-/37039566\
                            4928?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item563d4d5220
                            <http://cgi.ebay.com/12-MAPS-BARSOOM-Mars-world-John-Carter-ERB-/3703956\
                            64928?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item563d4d5220>

                            Looks like eBay seller, thebull15, <http://myworld.ebay.com/thebull15/>
                            is still selling copyrighted material. The maps for sale look like the
                            ones done by fans on this list. I thought you all might want to know, so
                            you can complain to eBay if you recognize your work.

                            Felipe

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 7, 2010
                              Thanks. He does this often enough that he needs to be shut down.
                              Once is a mistake, twice is deliberte fraud.

                            • sailor.barsoom
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 7, 2010
                                He's selling Pellucidar maps too. Maybe that's all good. I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it.
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 7, 2010
                                  I recognized a couple of my things in his site... but not making any
                                  Pellucidar maps, i am clear ofthat.

                                  THOUGH, everyone who HAS had him sell their stuff should complain to e-bay
                                  topget his account cancelled.