Re: Princess of Mars

  • seth
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 6, 2010
      You're a writer. So what? As it happens I'm a writer too (<plug>buy my latest book! http://www.amazon.com/Deitchs-Pictorama-Kim-Deitch/dp/1560979526/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262819373&sr=8-1</plug>)but that isn't what this is about and it strangely fails to endow me with supreme authority and to claim such on that basis would be pathetic. Jeeze.

      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 7, 2010
        In a message dated 7/1/10 9:46:35, leathem12603@... writes:

        > They remain on this duty for /one month, which is equivalent to about
        > seventy days of Earth time/; then they are relieved and return to Gathol city.

        The mention of "seventy days" would seem to imply that the Martian "month"
        is 1/10 of a year rather than 1/12. And this would make sense, given that
        most of their other measurements are decimal (teepi, tanpi).