Re: Tracy Lords as Dejah Thoris?

  • sailor.barsoom
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 21, 2009
      Considering that my nose wrinkles in an unpleasant way just
      from hearing or reading the name "Tracy Lords," I think you
      can guess how I feel about TL as DT.

      My decade-old suggestion of Heather Hunter for the role is
      starting to look real, real good about now.
    • Peter Huston
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 31, 2009
        --- In barsoom, Den Valdron wrote:

        > Well, today we'll find out how it worked out.
        >
        > I'll tryƂ and buy a copy and write a review.

        Looking forward to it.

        ===

        I don't think I'm looking forward to hearing about it all. My skin is prickly and my heart palpatating in fear.

        Still I definitely appreciate the effort and the energy and will await the review with fear, trembling and apprehension.

        Peter Huston

        (BTW, I don't know how many of you have seen it but if you see the remake of "Not of this Earth," Traci Lord's first "mainstream" film, there are some funny parts on the commentary track, most of which have to do with the co-star "Roger Lodge," most recently seen as the former host of Blind-Date on late night reality TV, relationship with his co-star, who, as many of you know, was young and had just been involved in a major pornography industry scandal and had gained great notoriety when someone from Roger Corman's group said, "Let's put her in one of our films and make a buck!" ()and they did!) Apparently he was recently married (like two months) and his wife did not want him doing love scenes with Lords. Therefore, for instance, there is this one scene where sha and her are in bed and she's on top and the camera focuses on her and she's topless and just so excited in the way that only she can be and her beautiful long hair is rocking back and forth in
        energized ecstasy and then the camera pulls back and you can see easily that he is under the sheets and she's on top of the sheets and there were blankets in-between the ecstatic couple. Apparently Lodge's new wife insisted on such things and the movie makers just gave in rather than throw of their schedule.)